Your Privacy Rights
July 25, 2007
), which includes HSN, Ticketmaster, LendingTree, RealEstate.com, Ask.com, Citysearch, Evite, Match.com, Interval International, ServiceMagic, Entertainment Publications, Gifts.com, Pronto, and many others.
Information we collect about you
We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including during registration with our site, when you register to receive goods or services from one or more of our partners, when you enter into a contest, sweepstakes or promotion sponsored by iWon and/or one of our partners, when you fill out a user survey, when you contact or provide information to our customer service center. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- iWon Software Products. If you elect to install certain software products (the "iWon Software Products") provided by iWon to its users, such as the iWon Co-Pilot, iWon may collect additional information about you. For example, you can create bookmarks or personalized links that are accessible through the iWon Co-Pilot and customize the iWon Co-Pilot.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other IAC businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site.
How we use the information we collect
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or participate in the iWon Sweepstakes when using the iWon Site or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or provide applications and services on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or use their applications and services. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and personalized online experiences and gauge their effectiveness. Some of the third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister IAC companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, including personalization and enhancement of the iWon Site and service such as providing you with your personalized weather and horoscope;
- verify your eligibility, track entries and progress, and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes, including the iWon Sweepstakes;
- contact users for feedback regarding iWon and iWon's partners via email surveys;
- provide reports to our advertisers which tells them who responded to a particular offer, unless you have opted out of receiving special offers from selected third parties;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business, including estimating and reporting our total audience size and traffic; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Please review "Your choices about collection and use of your information" below
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. For example, we use an independent sweepstakes agency, SCA, to help us conduct sweepstakes drawings. Your registration information may be disclosed to SCA under a confidentiality agreement. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Direct mail partners: . From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings you may update your mail preferences by going to the My Profiles page, which allows you to access and edit your registration account information. In addition, you may contact iWon Customer Service to update your profile.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. All IAC companies comply with the IAC Consumer Privacy. Our IAC companies also will comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our IAC sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
We offer you access to "co-branded" services that are jointly provided by iWon and selected companies. In many cases, these co-branded services will contain iWon branding, but may not be hosted by iWon. You may notice that you are on a co-branded site if the pages say "provided by", if standard iWon branding is not displayed on the top of the page, or if you are asked to subscribe for any service or provide additional information. In such cases, if you use the co-branded service, iWon may be entitled to receive information about what you do when using that service. If you elect to provide additional personal information using a co-branded service, the information you provide may be shared or jointly retained by the provider of that service in accordance with that provider's privacy policies and terms of service. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these other companies and to contact these companies directly if you have any questions about their use of this information.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account
. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
If you have an online account with us, you also may choose to close your account at any time by clicking here
. You will need to be signed into the member account that you would like to cancel. If you are not currently signed into an account, you will be prompted to so do during the cancellation process. You will also see the option to only cancel your iWon Email address, and not your iWon Membership, if this is your intention. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for your iWon Email account cancellation to be processed. If you are unable to sign in to cancel your account, please visit our lost password page at the following URL: http://bfc.iwon.com/ur/meminfo_idpass.html?PG=home&SEC=foot
Your choices about collection and use of your information
How we protect your personal information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by going to the My Profile page and editing your preferences with respect to the receipt of commercial or promotional emails or by contacting customer service. When you register on our website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about new features, events, and special offers. You may modify your choice at any time on the My Profile page or by contacting customer service. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by going to the My Profile page and editing your preferences with respect to the sharing of information or by contacting customer service.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm
for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We may provide areas on our websites (such as our iWon Message Boards) where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others. Such postings are governed by our Terms of Service
. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
iWon, a division of IAC Search & Media, Inc.
555 12th Street, Suite 500
Oakland, CA 94607
© IAC/InterActiveCorp. All rights reserved.